Where to Apply AIOps
Park Place Hardware Maintenance
If you’re interested in exploring AIOps, ParkView offers a low-risk, turnkey way to do so.
In a previous post, we discussed the powerful advantages of AIOps in enhancing visibility of the IT environment, separating signal from noise, and directing attention to the most urgent issues, often before a fault actually occurs. AIOps is helping IT organizations deal with increasing complexity and a volume of alerts and other information that outstrips human capabilities to evaluate. It’s also driving insights that enable data center leaders to intervene in the environment more effectively.
Businesses have become highly aware of the potential in AIOps. In fact, these systems are fast becoming essential for any company intent on meeting customers’ skyrocketing expectations for reliability and performance.
Where and how is AIOps being successfully applied in the enterprise? Here are some examples:
- Facilities management. Widely publicized has been Google’s use of an AIOps system to aggregate data from a variety of sensors and apply machine learning algorithms to recommend changes to save energy. They’ve reported a 40 percent reduction in cooling-related energy costs and have been enhancing automation features. Other AI-based DCIM systems are following suit.
- Threat detection. AIOps excels in identifying anomalies and, properly designed and trained, can be a boon for cybersecurity. Machine learning systems can help locate out-of-the-ordinary activity indicative of botnets, scripts, and complex threats, as well as help to coordinate and deploy an effective response.
- Workload and performance management. AIOps applied to OS monitoring can automatically detect changes in application workloads and drive CPU- and MSU-saving adjustments. “Smart” systems can apply what would be a lifetime’s worth of analyst experience in performance optimization to spot and remedy service degradation and avoid disruptions.
- Capacity planning. The only thing constant about IT is change. Understanding where capacity needs are headed enables proactive moves to prepare with hardware purchases, cloud scaling, or other approaches.
- Auto-remediation. As AIOps improves and data center leaders become more comfortable turning over the reins to the computers, intelligent alerting and root cause analysis will be paired with automatic incident resolution to bring the industry ever closer to autonomic computing.
A variety of off-the-shelf and managed services-integrated AIOps solutions are now available. Of course, Park Place Technologies was a trendsetter in deploying AIOPs for IT hardware maintenance.
Today, our proactive monitoring and automated maintenance system, ParkView, is delivering impressive results. Clients are saving time because they no longer need to manually check on key systems, and we’ve seen a 31 percent reduction in our mean time to repair because we get better, faster information when issues emerge in our clients’ environments.
If you’re interested in exploring AIOps, ParkView offers a low-risk, turnkey way to do so. The system is included in Park Place’s affordable IT maintenance contracts, and we can securely connect your equipment for 24/7 monitoring and increasingly predictive fault detection. You’ll quickly see your time investment in hardware maintenance fall and your uptime increase.
Why not give it a try? You can start by requesting a quote below.