Across the IT landscape, leaders are planning ahead for every eventuality. Continuity preparations are a habit only made stronger since the novel coronavirus challenged operations around the world.
One predictable issue that may nonetheless be overlooked is end of service life (EOSL) on essential equipment. The date at which a particular hardware model will no longer be supported by the OEM is set well in advance, but with so many other things on the agenda, securing post-EOSL support can fall through the cracks.
Take this as a friendly reminder to identify a maintenance provider for the IBM eServer iSeries 800 and 810 ASAP. EOSL will arrive on October 30, but it’s possible—and surprisingly easy—to set up new coverage to “turn on” at the moment you need it.
The eServer iSeries comprised the mid-life renaming of the long heralded AS/400, which later became System i and then IBM Power Systems. The iSeries 800 and 810 capture a moment in time when Big Blue was striving to regain the “luster,” to quote the iSeries division GM, of the AS/400 and expand a customer base already 200,000 strong.
IBM intended the iSeries 800 and 810 for small- to mid-sized enterprises that wanted to avoid server farm complexities, and the company has stood behind the models for a long time. Today marks a difficult juncture at which to ask SMBs to transition any hardware, however. This is the problem with EOSL dates. They take decision-making out of the customer’s hands—unless you engage a third party maintenance partner.
Fortunately, Park Place offers full support coverage for eServer iSeries equipment, and we can take on the maintenance challenge as soon as you’re ready. And that’s not the only good news. With us:
- Support is affordable, priced at about 40% below IBM contracts
- SLAs are flexible, so you can select the right level for the business
- Short-term contracts are available, a key consideration as changing circumstances affect budgets
- Engineering assistance is top-notch, and delivered exclusively by L3 experts
- Spare parts are available, and we stock them in 1,800 locations around the globe for rapid access
- Monitoring is innovative, with ParkView Hardware MonitoringTM to keep on top of the iSeries and notify us automatically if an event occurs
- The Uptime is unbeatable with Park Place’s 97% first-time fix rate and faster mean time to repair
If now is not a hospitable time for you to find an upgrade pathway for the iSeries 800 and 810, get the help you need to keep this hardware operating at peak performance and reliability with Park Place server maintenance. Simply request a quote today!