We recently detailed the Park Place Technologies support solution for Dell Compellent storage arrays. It was a timely announcement, because there are concerns in the IT community about a coming Dell EMC end-of-support declaration for some or all Compellent models. Many customers were drawn to the Compellent as a high-performing yet budget-saving option, so being able to further extend the lifespan of this equipment is especially important.
One thing we glossed over in the previous post was our award-winning ParkView proactive monitoring service. We mentioned that our Compellent maintenance contracts include ParkView, but we didn’t have time to go into why this matters. Let’s do that now!
ParkView vs. Copilot
Most Dell customers will be familiar with the Dell’s Copilot monitoring system, and perhaps it’s a support feature they’re loathe to give up. But what if we told you there was a better option?
- Proactive, continuous monitoring of hardware components, whereas Copilot remains a passive, reactive technology
- Powerful predictive capabilities, which use machine learning algorithms to get better and better at interpreting early-stage indications, such as temperature and disk drive status, to detect pending failures
- Automatic ticket generation for both internal and external systems, a step beyond Copilot’s Dell-only ticketing, as well as comprehensive triage information to make problem resolution quicker and easier
- Secure portal-based access to track active and closed tickets and add ParkView to any asset—including tens of thousands of non-Dell SKUs for broader integration across the data center
The power of ParkView notwithstanding, the system boasts low bandwidth usage, transmitting only actionable alerts to avoid overtaxing clients’ network resources. But most importantly, it significantly reduces the burden on internal staff, as we detailed here.
The Entire Solution Matters
ParkView is powerful, but it wouldn’t have the same impact if it weren’t integrated with our highly affordable, premium quality storage maintenance contracts, which incorporate:
- Responsive support delivered exclusively by experienced, Level III engineers
- Spare parts located in supply depots around the world, ready for rapid deployment to any client site
- Strategic upgrade options and reconfiguration and redeployment assistance
- Multi-vendor support, which simplifies maintenance management by putting more IT assets under a single support umbrella.
There’s more to say, but once again we’re running out of time. Maybe that’s because the best way to understand ParkView is to see it in action. You can schedule a demo here and also talk to us about your specific needs.