Data Center Relocation
Why trust your relocation to a general-purpose moving company?
From small server moves, to moving thousands of data center assets globally, Park Place Technologies has been relocating IT assets for over 10 years. Our team of relocation experts are experienced with the nuances of physically moving data center hardware knowing how to identify and avoid potential risks. When it comes to deinstallation and reinstallation of assets, we use our Field Engineers, who work in data centers every day and are experienced with handling critical systems.
Data Center Relocation Solutions
- Green-light to green-light guarantee. Park Place will repair or replace hardware which was green light verified prior to shut down that cannot be green light verified after the move.
- Skilled Field Engineers to de-install, re-install, and power-on physical data center devices.
- Professional electronics packers to ensure no physical damage to your equipment. Dedicated GPS tracked, air-ride climate-controlled transport, with two drivers to ensure chain of custody and data security.
- Custom developed quality control tool for cable/port mapping validation. Identifies duplicate port mapping errors prior to relocating assets and generates a report for verifying cable mapping during re-installation.
- Dedicated project management by a qualified Relocation PM/Specialist to assist with relocation planning and oversight of the migration process.
- Leverage our ParkView Discovery™ (PVD) to automate and simplify your asset discovery process which allows for detailed relocation planning. PVD also has native DCIM capabilities to model data center room layouts, auto-generate rack diagrams and visualize patch panel connections.
Move Group Planning
- Our team of relocation experts help with reviewing system dependencies to develop a migration strategy that minimizes down-time and risks.
- Park Place’s team of field engineers can quickly conduct a site audit of your existing infrastructure to capture key data that enables informed decision making.
- Onsite cable tracing to create detailed cable and port mapping matrix, that is quality checked by our custom developed tool to ensure accuracy.
Asset Tagging & Cable Labelling
- Tag and label assets and cables prior to or after the relocation event.
- For hardware assets being retired as part of your relocation, Park Place’s IT Asset Disposition services can provide onsite data erasure or drive destruction, asset recycling, or we can resell assets that have value.
Why you can trust us with your IT asset relocation assignment:
- We use only qualified field engineers and technicians to move equipment
- Asset relocations include all types of IT infrastructure from small servers and network devices to large storage arrays and mainframes
- Spare parts available locally in the event of a hardware failure
- Manufacturer coordination if needed
- Experience in transporting equipment via dedicated direct, climate-controlled, air-ride truck, LTL, commercial air, chartered air, and sea. All transit insurance up to $3.0m per vehicle
- Capability to provide asset swap equipment (aka “swing gear”)
- Mature, standardized relocation tools and templates - draws consistent results
- 10+ years of experience specializing in reducing risk while operating efficiently in business-critical environments with minimal impact to your IT infrastructure
- Manufacturer independence provides clients with vendor agnostic solutions
- Flexible service model provides numerous options for delivery and cost control
- Global reach with our 400+ field engineers technicians experienced in physical hardware support