No Need to Worry About HNAS 3K EOSLs. Park Place Covers Hitachi Network Attached Storage
If you’re among the customers who want to retain HNAS storage hardware beyond EOSL and benefit from better support than you’ve ever experienced, it’s time to talk to Park Place.
Hitachi customers have been monitoring the end of support life (EOSL) progression of Hitachi’s network attached storage (NAS) products. Originally delivered as part of a partnership with (and later an acquisition of) BlueArc, HNAS got Hitachi into the business of offering true NAS devices, not merely NAS gateways.
As of now, the early systems are reaching the end of OEM support. The Hitachi High Performance NAS Platform 3100 and 3200, released in 2008, reached EOSL in 2016 and 2018 respectively. No further extensions will be approved by Hitachi, so customers should find alternative support arrangements, if they haven’t already done so.
Additionally, the HNAS 3080 and 3090—both the G1 and G2 series from 2011 and 2014—are hitting the EOSL milestone in August 2019. Hitachi will offer a reprieve through December 2020 for customers who want to extend coverage short-term, but the cost-benefit analysis doesn’t really work out in most cases.
Park Place Technologies will guarantee at least 50% savings off any OEM contract, including Hitachi third party maintenance for the HNAS 3080 and/or 3090, and incorporate many premium storage maintenance features most HNAS customers haven’t yet availed themselves of. This makes Park Place a better choice for continued HNAS 3000 series support.
Why Park Place for HNAS?
Park Place provides comprehensive post-warranty data center hardware support. Not only do we buck the Hitachi EOSL system, supporting equipment for as long as our customers need to keep it in service, we deliver more features and benefits, such as:
- Immediate access to Level 3 support, without going through lower level engineering, a process that can otherwise extend downtime.
- High-quality spare parts housed in supply depots strategically located around the world.
- Full global support capabilities with a “follow the sun” response center, perfect for simplifying maintenance for organizations with multiple locations in North America and beyond.
- The cutting-edge IT managed monitoring services of ParkView, our award-winning proactive monitoring system, armed with machine learning capabilities to detect, triage, and automatically alert engineering response based on the earliest signs of hardware faults.
- Central Park online and mobile portal, providing full transparency and self-service.
These are just a few of the tools at our disposal to help deliver measurably faster incident resolution and the highest first-time fix rate in the business. If you’re among the customers who want to retain HNAS storage hardware beyond EOSL and benefit from better support than you’ve ever experienced, it’s time to talk to Park Place. Start by requesting a free quote above.